All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmbanalyst

Successful visa stamping after 221G White slip @Ottawa

My case - 

21st Nov - Interview , 2nd time h1b stamping - 221g white slip 

1st Dec - client got call from consulate for work confirmation -client replied promptly 

2nd Dec - submitted passport 

3rd Dec -  visa issued - picked up the passport - back to USA ...

most of the cases they are doing client verification, mine got delayed because of thanksgiving holidays ,,but still it took only 5 business to resolve the case.

i feel Ottawa is better than other consulates in Canada in resolving 221g cases.

my suggestion to everyone is not to get panic  ,as they said it is getting cleared in 1-2 weeks, and it is just employment verification unless you have misused your CPT, in that case they are asking for more documentation from college...but i guess most of the people are getting approval. 

let me know if any questions..thanks everyone who shared their experience ,,it helped a lot..

Hi, I did my interview in Ottawa on Nov 28th. The day after thanksgiving. I just got a paper instruction for how to pick up passport once I have waybill number. This is not considered as 221g, right?

Hi, I did my interview in Ottawa on Nov 28th. The day after thanksgiving. I just got a paper instruction for how to pick up passport once I have waybill number. This is not considered as 221g, right?

Correct. wait for your passport pick up updates.