Gestational Carrier in India

daisyflower

I don't know if I am posting the question in the right forum. Please direct me to the right link if this is incorrect. 

We are permanent residents in the US and citizens of India. We want to transfer embryos of our own egg and own sperm to India and use a gestational carrier there. When the baby is born, is it possible to bring the baby back to the US easily? How long is the process? 

I have looked at various sources but they all are related to American citizens. 

• 4 weeks later...

Since the baby is not genetic offspring of USC at the time, you would have to apply for a visa and the wait is 6-9 months, maybe a year realistically, to be able to bring the baby into the US.  I'm not a legal expert by any means, but my wife and I did look into this before and she was uncomfortable with the wait time.  You're better served by someone who is well versed in surrogacy as well as immigration laws. Both are of course quite complicated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi daisy,

I am also in the same boat.

did you find any answers? i am also searching answers for how to bring baby through gestational surrogacy.my baby is due in April 2015.some of the attorneys told me to file I-130, and wait. if  you find any answers  other than filing a petition,can you please share?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived