President Obama's Immigration Plan

Attorney_23

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant visa program this year?"

I think this will be implemented in March/April timeframe. I think I read somewhere in AILA article. Murthy attorneys may confirm. Regardless,  We need to give it atleast 3 to 4 months from Nov 20th. It takes time to implement these things.

DHS, DOS, USCIS, etc are involved and would need to work together to implement president's directives.

Any hopes on executive action on - Modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant visa program this year?

Some where its said that these actions require change in the regulations. Any change in the regulation usually requires about 9 months time. But as this is executive action, USCIS et al are trying to make it in 6 months. Have to wait to hear from Attorneys if they have any more information on this

• 2 weeks later...

Attonery_6,

I am with Company A working for Client B. I have my i140 approved with Company A  and about to extend my H1 beyond 6 years based on approved I140.

Now the Client B wants to hire me full time. Is it ok for me to join Client B? They are are ready to sponsor H1 (based on previous I140 approval from Company A) and GC for me right away, but as you all know it would take a min of 1 year to get theI140 approval. 

In the mean time can Company A revoke my I140? If so will I loose my priority date and ability to extend my H1 prior to 6 years.

This is a classic case to show why we need pre-registration for I140 approvals, but since we dont know anything about the Executive Orders, what are my best options?

Thank you!

Attonery_6,

I am with Company A working for Client B. I have my i140 approved with Company A  and about to extend my H1 beyond 6 years based on approved I140.

Now the Client B wants to hire me full time. Is it ok for me to join Client B? They are are ready to sponsor H1 (based on previous I140 approval from Company A) and GC for me right away, but as you all know it would take a min of 1 year to get theI140 approval. 

In the mean time can Company A revoke my I140? If so will I loose my priority date and ability to extend my H1 prior to 6 years.

This is a classic case to show why we need pre-registration for I140 approvals, but since we dont know anything about the Executive Orders, what are my best options?

Thank you!

The client B can file a new H1B petition based on approved I-140 and you will get a petition approved for the next 3 years (provided everything else is good on your application). So, you have 3 years to get started with a new I-140.

Attorney-6 you state "Some of the proposed changes would be policy/procedure changes. Other things would require regulations. This is not a one time overhaul."

I don't think people on this forum really care about the technicalities. People wanna know "WHEN" these changes would go into effect. 

Attorney-6 you state "Some of the proposed changes would be policy/procedure changes. Other things would require regulations. This is not a one time overhaul."

I don't think people on this forum really care about the technicalities. People wanna know "WHEN" these changes would go into effect. 

Dude, if you go through this forum then you will clearly understand why Attorneys are not able to give you "WHEN" these changes would get into effect.

There are no exact timelines or deadlines to complete the process. So no one knows when these rules will get effective from.

• 2 weeks later...

I seen many people wasting visas.. I seen many aged people stamped it and never visited. I know couple of Indian Government high post people get family based visa but never traveled. this is called waste of visa in this quota. some are entered in USA but not stay more than 2 moths.. why these people wast family based GC program VISA??

03/19/2015: Executive Departments Already Submitted Modernization Proposals to the White House

• This is a very good news. Informaton also indicates that the stakeholders may learn the details soon. Very good!

Megha - Where did you read this, please? Could you please post the link? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Sheela Murthy Madam and Murthy Law firm associates,

Thanks for all help support to large community. to request government to speedup Obama EO  or speed up the green card process.

Can you please file some petition and we will make sure you will get 100,000 signatures. this might help from all the people who is in trouble to wait for green card.

we all will appreciate you help..

Thanks,,

Archived