Maintaining multiple H1bs? H1b sleep mode???

tabhishek22

I am with Company A (with approved I-140) and been consulting with Company B (from past 2+ years). Now Company B is offering really good FT position and I don't want to transfer my H1b as well as I am waiting for the GC date to be current.

So, is it possible, I can transfer my H1b from Company A to Company B without cancelling the Company A's H1b. Is there anything is H1b sleep mode and I can jump to Company A. The reason I am asking this is, to tranfer the GC application, it's taking hell lot of time these days and I am scared that once I transfer to Company B, my GC at company A gets cancelled. Or during transitioning, what if the date becomes current and I am still waiting for my Labour to be approved in Company B. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks in advance.

I am with Company A (with approved I-140) and been consulting with Company B (from past 2+ years). Now Company B is offering really good FT position and I don't want to transfer my H1b as well as I am waiting for the GC date to be current.

So, is it possible, I can transfer my H1b from Company A to Company B without cancelling the Company A's H1b. Is there anything is H1b sleep mode and I can jump to Company A. The reason I am asking this is, to tranfer the GC application, it's taking hell lot of time these days and I am scared that once I transfer to Company B, my GC at company A gets cancelled. Or during transitioning, what if the date becomes current and I am still waiting for my Labour to be approved in Company B. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks in advance.

You cannot maintain multiple H1's at one time without working for both employers. Once you resign from A then that H1 becomes invalid by default.

Coming to GC, that's for future employment. If A is still interested in hiring you in future then he will continue the process or he will revoke it at anytime.

Archived