H1B transfer, H4 travel later

kpp9878

Hi all,

I worked in US till Aug 31 2014 on H1B and flew back to India and currently in India. My VISA is valid till Aug 2016 with my current employer (employer A). My family (dependents) were also with me in US and we flew back together. 

Now I got a new offer from Employer B and currently H1 transfer process is in progress in Premium Processing. Just got the Receipt notice. I have few questions:

1. Attorney said the H1B processing is being done through Consular Processing..I am not sure what exactly does that mean? Can anybody please explain?

2. Also she said that I need not go for VISA Stamping (I can travel with Employer A's VISA which is valid on Passport and with new I797 Approval Notice from Employer B) Is it true? Needn't I go for VISA stamping again?

3. Attorney said its not needed to apply for H4 dependent extension and they can travel with me without going for VISA Stamping..Is this is right?

4. in my case, my family is planning to travel to US after few months. So, before they travel, do they need to go for VISA stamping? Or can they travel on old VISA of employer A and with the copy of I797 (or is original required?) from Employer B?

Regards

Kpp

Hi Jairichi,

Sorry to ask you again, just a couple of questions more..

1. Attorney did not file for my dependents VISA transfer. Is VISA transfer required for them to travel? 
2. My dependents are planning to travel after few months. Do we need to apply for their VISA transfer once they are in US?

Hi Jairichi,

Sorry to ask you again, just a couple of questions more..

1. Attorney did not file for my dependents VISA transfer. Is VISA transfer required for them to travel? 

2. My dependents are planning to travel after few months. Do we need to apply for their VISA transfer once they are in US?

1. If they have a valid H4 visa they just need a copy of your new I797 to travel. There is no visa transfer for H4.

2. No. Refer 1.

Archived