H4 to H1

Koteshs

Hi

I am looking for some advice on my situation.

Currently my husband is in USA (Philadelphia) since Apr'14 . I am working in India. My baby and me are planning to travel to US and we are planning to file H1 for me coming slot that is April'15.

1) Which one is best applying for H1 , 1) from India through US consultancy or 2) travel to US and convert from H4 to H1?

If H4 to H1 is good, how many days prior I have to be in US if I should convert H4 to H1.

2) If my H1 didnt get picked in lotter, what would be other options for me.

3) Please let me know some good consultancies in Philadelphia so that I can find some good sponsor.

Thanks in Advance.

1) Which one is best applying for H1 , 1) from India through US consultancy or 2) travel to US and convert from H4 to H1?

If H4 to H1 is good, how many days prior I have to be in US if I should convert H4 to H1.

2) If my H1 didnt get picked in lotter, what would be other options for me.

3) Please let me know some good consultancies in Philadelphia so that I can find some good sponsor.

1. That's up to you. If you have sponsor then get your H1 and enter with H1 visa

2. H4

3. Forget consultancies, your H1 will be rejected. Go for full time employers or forget H1.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. I have one more follow up question.

If I have to convert from H4 to H1, is there any policy/rule which states number of days person should be in US before converting to H1? Please give me accurate number or help me find out some reference on the same as I have to resign my current job accordingly.

Thanks!!

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies. I have one more follow up question.

If I have to convert from H4 to H1, is there any policy/rule which states number of days person should be in US before converting to H1? Please give me accurate number or help me find out some reference on the same as I have to resign my current job accordingly.

Thanks!!

No there is no such rule like that. But since this is your first H1, it has to be filed on April 1st and you will be start working from Oct 1st after approval. So you need to find employer by April 1st, again don't go with consulting firms.

Archived