221g for full time employee in Chennai Consulate. No additional documents asked and passport returned back

jabeeratsastra

hello,
I had H1b Visa interview on 10 nov in chennai consulate. Received 221g (Blue Slip). Visa officer asked few general questions like employer name, project name, looked into my I-797. Then returned all my documents and passport and issued an 221g with administrative process required option checked. Did not ask/checked for additional documents.
I am working as full time employee. Same situation happened to one of friend in my company but Visa officer retained his passport and some documents. I am worried why he did not asked for additional documents for me.
What will be the next step? Please help.

where are Joef and raul412 --> the brand embassadors of go to your home country jokers? Who THEMSELVES went to other countries to get stamped ? Lol, what hypocrites and retards do we have on this forum.

I don't understand you. Do you mean to say 221G is issued only in India? I happened to go to home country 3 times for my visa stamping and every time I got a 221G due to the nature of my research work.  Every time I got the visa exactly in a month after US consulate obtained security clearance. I knew I will get 221G if I go to any US consulate. But, going to home country I was able to spend some good extended vacation with my loved ones due to 221G. And, my employers never had any issue with this because they understood my situation and they did not lay me off due to delay in obtaining my visa nor refused to pay me for that month.

Hi All,

I would like to share my 221g Experience.

First of  all I want to thank God for his grace and i went through this ordeal for 106 days.

Biomentrics Done on : 05- Aug2014

Visa Interview on :      06-Aug-2014

During the Visa Interview the Visa Officer asked only 2 Questions and my Visa Officer is an Indian

Quetion 1: Who is your Client - and i answered properly

Then he went inside and came discussing with a US Officier after 5 minutes

Question 2: Dou you have any other passport ? and I said No

And then typed something and Handed out a Blue sheet 221 g sheet  and Informed me that my case needs additional Administrative Processing

And he didnt request any documents and returned my Passport

I literally broke down and my expectations become gloomy.

Then i came back home and searched in the Internet and in their site they said most 221g cases were resoleved in 60 days, so i consoled myself that my case will be resolved in 60 days

But after 60 days nothing happened.

I prayed to God and the word that came to me is Luke 18:1-8 , about the persistent Widow

And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.

In the Mean while I attended interview for another product based company and got selected. I didnt know whenther to leave my current company and U.S Visa or join the new company

Again I prayed to God for his Will and guidance and I decided to stay in the company for U.S Visa

After 70 days i used to contact the Chennai US Visa service resularly and ask for any status change , but they used to say the same response  that your application is under Administrative processing.

Also i searched the Internet and found the U.S Visa service number in U.S 2024857600, I used to call them and ask for the details

To contact them dial 00012024857600 and then press 1 and then 0 , you will be directed to that.

They used to give some addition Information like.

You case is moving forwaed /Your case will not take much longer to resolve which was consoling.

In the mean time I was praying that  i must submit my passport by Mid of November

and on November 10th i called the U.S Visa service number  2024857600 and they said we have requested your passport

and as i prayed i got the answer for my prayed and i submitted my Passport on 13-Nov-2014

and the status updated on 17-Nov-14 and it was in Administrative processing

and on tody 18-Nov-14 the status changed to Issued. and within two days i will collect my passport.

All Praise and Glory to God and Lord Jesus

I know that its frustating and painful ,but pray and things will change.

More over i have read all the forums about  221g and found guessed that my case may be due to Visa donkey

Hi All,

I would like to share my 221g Experience.

First of  all I want to thank God for his grace and i went through this ordeal for 106 days.

Biomentrics Done on : 05- Aug2014

Visa Interview on :      06-Aug-2014

During the Visa Interview the Visa Officer asked only 2 Questions and my Visa Officer is an Indian

Quetion 1: Who is your Client - and i answered properly

Then he went inside and came discussing with a US Officier after 5 minutes

Question 2: Dou you have any other passport ? and I said No

And then typed something and Handed out a Blue sheet 221 g sheet  and Informed me that my case needs additional Administrative Processing

And he didnt request any documents and returned my Passport

I literally broke down and my expectations become gloomy.

Then i came back home and searched in the Internet and in their site they said most 221g cases were resoleved in 60 days, so i consoled myself that my case will be resolved in 60 days

But after 60 days nothing happened.

I prayed to God and the word that came to me is Luke 18:1-8 , about the persistent Widow

And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.

In the Mean while I attended interview for another product based company and got selected. I didnt know whenther to leave my current company and U.S Visa or join the new company

Again I prayed to God for his Will and guidance and I decided to stay in the company for U.S Visa

After 70 days i used to contact the Chennai US Visa service resularly and ask for any status change , but they used to say the same response  that your application is under Administrative processing.

Also i searched the Internet and found the U.S Visa service number in U.S 2024857600, I used to call them and ask for the details

To contact them dial 00012024857600 and then press 1 and then 0 , you will be directed to that.

They used to give some addition Information like.

You case is moving forwaed /Your case will not take much longer to resolve which was consoling.

In the mean time I was praying that  i must submit my passport by Mid of November

and on November 10th i called the U.S Visa service number  2024857600 and they said we have requested your passport

and as i prayed i got the answer for my prayed and i submitted my Passport on 13-Nov-2014

and the status updated on 17-Nov-14 and it was in Administrative processing

and on tody 18-Nov-14 the status changed to Issued. and within two days i will collect my passport.

All Praise and Glory to God and Lord Jesus

I know that its frustating and painful ,but pray and things will change.

More over i have read all the forums about  221g and found guessed that my case may be due to Visa donkey

thanks for update..70 days is too long.

Hello Guys,

I wrote a email to support@ustraveldocs.com regarding the status of my case. I got the reply as:

Why case reason is mentioned as "Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B"?

Is it common reason generated by computer or Does it mean that My case is having a refusal 214b also? 

I am worried now Please reply

Case Reason:   Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B Public Response:   Dear Mr. Shaik, 

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk. 

We understand that you would like to expedite the visa application status. 

With regards to your concern, we would like to inform you that, your visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. 

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview or the submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later. 

When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case. 

Alternatively, please follow the link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of your case, by selecting “Check my Visa Application Status” under “Non-Immigrant" or "Immigrant". 

We hope this answers your queries. 

Have a pleasant day! 

Yours sincerely, 
U.S. Visa Service Desk

Hello Guys,

I wrote a email to support@ustraveldocs.com regarding the status of my case. I got the reply as:

Why case reason is mentioned as "Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B"?

Is it common reason generated by computer or Does it mean that My case is having a refusal 214b also? 

I am worried now Please reply

Case Reason:   Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B Public Response:   Dear Mr. Shaik, 

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk. 

We understand that you would like to expedite the visa application status. 

With regards to your concern, we would like to inform you that, your visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. 

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview or the submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later. 

When additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case. 

Alternatively, please follow the link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of your case, by selecting “Check my Visa Application Status” under “Non-Immigrant" or "Immigrant". 

We hope this answers your queries. 

Have a pleasant day! 

Yours sincerely, 

U.S. Visa Service Desk

dont be panic...its common reply. u better call the number provided in this post rather than those emails.

Pokiri09:

Did they send the email to the person of contact you mentioned when you filled your DS-160 Form?

I filled My manger as my Person of contact in my DS-160 form and he did not received any email till now. It's almost end of 3rd week since my interview.

they sent letter to client offfice.

Archived