H1B non-profit but applied in quota and approved

vardhan99

Hello,

Currently I'm working for a non profit hospital . Before joining the hospital in June 2013 I applied for H1B through a consultancy in april 2013 in H1B quota and got approved. But I joined the hospital in june 2013 and they applied for my H1B and their H1B started in august 2013(which is prior to the start date of my H1B approved through consultancy ). So do I need to apply for H1B in quota before moving to a for profit organisation?(even though I'm approved for visa in 2013 qota).  Appreciate everyones help.

Thanks,

Vardhan

The only way for the Op to have a H1 petition approved and start working in June was for a cap exempt H1 filing.

Or some error by USCIS.

The OP doesn't say if the hospital is affiliated with a university. If it isn't, then the H1 would have been approved in error as cap-exempt.

That's why people need to post enough details of their situation. Without that, we only can speculate about things.

Not necessarily. The OP didn't say if the hospital is affiliated with a university.

If it isn't, he wouldn't be cap-exempt.

Not all non-profits are cap-exempt.

Only universities, non-profit organizations affiliated with universities (e.g., university hospitals), and government research organizations are cap-exempt.

I work for a non profit organization currently. what I need to know is, do I need to apply for H1B in CAP (even though I applied and got approved for H1B in quota but never used it before moving to a non profit organization) if I move to a new company which is a for profit company?.......

I work for a non profit organization currently. what I need to know is, do I need to apply for H1B in CAP (even though I applied and got approved for H1B in quota but never used it before moving to a non profit organization) if I move to a new company which is a for profit company?.......

You still haven't told us if that organization is affiliated with a university.

That is a very important issue, and we need to know that in order to answer your question.

Archived