H1B transfer in India, is stamping required again?

Thomman

Hello,

I got stamped H1B last year from Chennai consulate, and could not travel to US due to personal reasons. My US employer informed USCIS to revoke visa, and I can see the current status as  'revoked' in USCIS site. I have contacted two companies/consultancies who are ready to transfer my visa with paying some money (3000$).

The confusion is , the company A told me that they will file premium processing and I would get I797 in 30days and eligible to travel with new I797 immediately and no need to go for stamping. But the company B told that they will also file premium processing, but need to go stamping again. I 'm really confused on what is right and wrong. My visa will have old employer name if I’m not stamping again. Could anyone please help me on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I got stamped H1B last year from Chennai consulate, and could not travel to US due to personal reasons. My US employer informed USCIS to revoke visa, and I can see the current status as  'revoked' in USCIS site. I have contacted two companies/consultancies who are ready to transfer my visa with paying some money (3000$).

The confusion is , the company A told me that they will file premium processing and I would get I797 in 30days and eligible to travel with new I797 immediately and no need to go for stamping. But the company B told that they will also file premium processing, but need to go stamping again. I 'm really confused on what is right and wrong. My visa will have old employer name if I’m not stamping again. Could anyone please help me on this?

Thanks in advance!

All you need is new 797 that's it no need of new VISA. But paying H1 fee is ILLEGAL, so find good employer not a fraud employer.

Your petition was revoked and not the visa. You should aim for B as they seem more lawful. Paying money for a H1 is illegal. Why not discuss your situation with the firm of Murthy?

Thanks for your reply. I will never pay for H1B. There are two questions which I need more clarity. could you please reply?

1. My H1B is valid till October 2015 and never travelled to US, but the current status is revoked on

October 6th 2014 in USCIS site. Am I still eligible for H1B transfer (for new I797) under cap exempt?

2. If the above answer is yes, then why should I go to consulate for stamping?

Regards,

Thomas

Archived