H1-F1-H1 stamping in Jamaica/Mexico

Karthikreddy6

Hello Friends,

My brother appeared for H1 visa stamping at Kingston embassy in 2007. He got stamped and entered USA in 2008 on H1. After one year he changed his status to F1 and completed his MS. Then he applied for H1 and got approval. He has not traveled out of USA since he first entered USA on H1 in 2008.

My question is that is he eligible to appear for H1 stamping in Mexico or Jamaica.

kingston Embassy states:

1. Applicants who changed status with Department of Homeland Security in the U.S. seeking a new visa in the new visa category.  

2. Applicants who entered the U.S. in one visa category and are seeking to re-enter the U.S. in a different visa category. 

Mexican Embassy states: 

1. Third Country Nationals (TCNs) who are not residents of Mexicoand are applying for B1/B2 Visas (business/pleasure) or H2 Visas (temporary workers), even if they are renewing their visa.

2. Applicants who entered the U.S with one visa category and are seeking to return to the U.S. with a different visa category.

I know that going to home country is the best option for many people. But, I want your advice on these options.

Thanks,

Karthik

Archived