DS160 Q- Have u ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amt of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated terms of US visa?

chikz

My previous H1 was revoked, but had valid stamping till September and I-194 till October 10. 

My new H1  was filed before my valid stamping (9/30) got expired and got approval without I-94.

While filling DS 160- should my response to above mentioned question be yes or no in my situation.

What would be the consequence if I put yes and if I put no?

What questions I would face during interview process?

Would appreciate any response/guidance?

Thank you

When were you laid off from your previous employer?

If there was a gap between the layoff and the new H1 filing, you have been out of status in between, i.e., you violated the terms of the H1. Hence, you have to answer that question with yes.

A lie could result in a lifelong ban. And they know the facts from the file, anyway, so it would be a really bad thing to lie.

When were you laid off from your previous employer?

If there was a gap between the layoff and the new H1 filing, you have been out of status in between, i.e., you violated the terms of the H1. Hence, you have to answer that question with yes.

A lie could result in a lifelong ban. And they know the facts from the file, anyway, so it would be a really bad thing to lie.

I have filled as yes. Any idea on what type of interview questions I might face based on my situation. 

Second- Would I need original pay stub from my previous employer or the printed ones would work? I had pay stubs sent to me by my employer via email.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I'm in a similar situation. I'm going for visa stamping in couple weeks and I have answered yes to the above DS160 question.

Could you please update your experience at the US consulate? Did you get your stamping? questions asked?

I would greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Nats

• 4 weeks later...

Archived