need help in clarifying doubts to go canada for h1b visa


Recommended Posts

With rare exceptions, visa applicants temporarily visiting Canada should apply at the U.S. Consular Section in their country of residence. If the applicant is not a resident of Canada, interviewing officers at the U.S. Consular Sections in Canada may not have experience in evaluating the circumstances in the applicant's country of residence. The applicant will, therefore, have greater difficulty establishing eligibility for a U.S. visa in Canada than would be experienced in the applicant's home country.

A substantial percentage of visitors to Canada are denied visas under these circumstances. Consequently, we strongly urge visitors to Canada to apply for U.S. visas in their country of residence.


This text is a staple warning at all consulates since time immemorial.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.