Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Address Change after 485 approval but GC pending

Recommended Posts

Its has been more than 60 days since i received my 485 approval notice but GC is still pending. 

In the meantime I moved and submitted address change online. 

My online status has changed from "Decision" pre address change to "Initial Review" post address change.

Should the address change delay my GC? what should i do....Should i call USCIS customer service?


BTW - my spouse (dependant) got the GC before the address change.



Share this post

Link to post

itsmeusa - Thank you very much for your response.


I got a letter from USCIS confirming change of address....what i have not yet received is the GC and its been more than 70 days since i received the approval notice...per the notice i  should have received the GC in 30 days.


i dont know if there is a way to check what is the status of my GC or just wait. 

the online status shows the following....it does not tell me anything about my GC status.


Initial Review

On October 6, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Share this post

Link to post

When you didn't get GC, did you make lot of noise? I mean - come on - you should have raised SR, talked to L2 officer, created senator / congressman inquiry, take InfoPass. You can do that now also. They can't ignore you when you have valid question as where is my GC? Has it vanished in thin air?

Share this post

Link to post

My friend, I-485 is your application. I understand we take help from lawyer, but such thing happens when I-485 is approved, but GC is not yet received, I think, we should take things in out hand and make everyone move. That's just my opinion.

Share this post

Link to post

Take an INFOPASS first. If no result, just apply for a replacement card with the new address.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this