221g in Jamaica ! Can I visit Canada?

div2014

Hello all,

I attended for H1B stamping in Jamaica and was issued a 221g (The VO did not give any reason for 221g). It's been a week now and I have not heard anything from the embassy yet. My query is, can I visit Canada (I have a visit visa for Canada) until my case is resolved in Jamaica? (I am not going for visa interview in Canada ! It would purely be a visit to save some bucks as I have relatives staying in Canada.)

A prompt and clear response would be truly appreciated.

Thank you !

Hello all,

I attended for H1B stamping in Jamaica and was issued a 221g (The VO did not give any reason for 221g). It's been a week now and I have not heard anything from the embassy yet. My query is, can I visit Canada (I have a visit visa for Canada) until my case is resolved in Jamaica? (I am not going for visa interview in Canada ! It would purely be a visit to save some bucks as I have relatives staying in Canada.)

A prompt and clear response would be truly appreciated.

Thank you !

yes you can go canada, one of my friends did that

Dude , do you know the reason of getting 221g

I'm from pharmacy bg and working in IT... Planning to go stamping in nov Jamaica ... Please guide me with some more information .. Your help is appreciated

Could you please share your interview questions ? It would help us thanks

Dude , do you know the reason of getting 221g

I'm from pharmacy bg and working in IT... Planning to go stamping in nov Jamaica ... Please guide me with some more information .. Your help is appreciated

Could you please share your interview questions ? It would help us thanks

unlucky_boy,

I don't think I got a 221g because of my background. I have  computer science background and I am working in IT. So it does not necessarily mean background or any other factors matter. It entirely depends on the VO officer, especially here in Jamaica. One applicant from Pharmacy background working in IT got their visa successfully stamped on the same day of my interview (from a different VO). There is one VO officer, a lady between 35 - 40 years of age who gives 221g for people. About 10-12 people who are stuck here in Jamaica due to 221g have been 'blessed' by only that lady. If I remember correctly she sits in counter 18 (from what I have seen and heard from people). Also the common thing that I noticed among most of the 221g issued people here is that, they have transferred to a different school after entering USA. So she gets skeptical when we say a different school name and she sees a different school name in our F1 visa. Also FYI, I have met another person here who got 221g from the same lady and his background is different and he works in IT. 

My questions were as follows:

1) Why are you here today? (not sure what she meant)

For H1B stamping.

2) Education Details (School and major)

I answered her accordingly but she asked me the same question at 3 instances in 3 different ways during my 15 min interview.

3) Where do you work at?

Answered and explained about the client.

4) Job responsibilities.

Explained her and she did not understand (as expected!). I had to explain very clearly as she requested me to.

She was typing for about 3-4 mins constantly.

And finally after all the typing she slowly took out the pink slip and handed it to me saying that some administrative processing needs to be done !

I wanted to ask her the reason for 221g but did not want to irritate her (as she has to deal with my case) and left the place in dismay.

Hope this helps you.

Good Luck ! 

I have seen 9-10 people in Jamaica who are stuck here coz of 221g. 90% of the 221 are given by the old lady on counter 18. Mr.Jairichi, the universities are genuine and accreditated. I have heard this " one 221g has been rejected coz of DUI" but I haven't met him in person. So if you are visiting jamaica just pray that you don't end up in counter 18.

I have seen 9-10 people in Jamaica who are stuck here coz of 221g. 90% of the 221 are given by the old lady on counter 18. Mr.Jairichi, the universities are genuine and accreditated. I have heard this " one 221g has been rejected coz of DUI" but I haven't met him in person. So if you are visiting jamaica just pray that you don't end up in counter 18.

Then why don't you attend the interview at your home country?

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing information. I have one question, I graduated from same school as per F1 stamping, but when my OPT about to complete, I joined in another school did job on CPT got H1B, I will be graduating from this second school  in December, can this second school ( for CPT)  will lead to 221g.   I have booked a slot in NOV at Jamaica Embassy. You valuable advice will be appreciated.Thank you!!

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing information. I have one question, I graduated from same school as per F1 stamping, but when my OPT about to complete, I joined in another school did job on CPT got H1B, I will be graduating from this second school  in December, can this second school ( for CPT)  will lead to 221g.   I have booked a slot in NOV at Jamaica Embassy. You valuable advice will be appreciated.Thank you!!

Hi, 

Yes, highly possible to get 221G.

Archived