H1B Visa Approved but "no Client Letter"

ven_krish

Hi,

I am from Chennai and i have applied H1 visa through my employer this year April and the Visa status is approved but my employer refuses to provide client letter for me to go for the stamping.He is saying that i should take up interviews from india and get the client letter on my own to go for the stamping. I heard from my friends that its not easy to get client letter attending interviews from india. My employer is not even showing me the petition copy or the I-797 approval but gave me the receipt number.Anyone please suggest me on how to approach this kind of situation.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Hi,

I am from Chennai and i have applied H1 visa through my employer this year April and the Visa status is approved but my employer refuses to provide client letter for me to go for the stamping.He is saying that i should take up interviews from india and get the client letter on my own to go for the stamping. I heard from my friends that its not easy to get client letter attending interviews from india. My employer is not even showing me the petition copy or the I-797 approval but gave me the receipt number.Anyone please suggest me on how to approach this kind of situation.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Move from this employer and using receipt number let a new employer file your cap exempt H1B petition. After approval go for H1B visa stamping with all required documents.

Hi,

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Find another employer, that employer is fraudster. You will be in trouble if you work for that employer.

Move from this employer and using receipt number let a new employer file your cap exempt H1B petition. After approval go for H1B visa stamping with all required documents.

Hi Jairichi,

Is it possible to do like that without even having the soft/hard copy of I 797 ??.Also my employer is not providing me any documents related to H1 petition. He said that i will get all the documents if, i can get a client letter of my own. Please let me know if it is possible to approach UCICS and make a complaint on that employer.I have the contract letter and the offer letter from my employer and the mails sent from him.Kindly advise.

Regards

Venkat 

Hi Jairichi,

Is it possible to do like that without even having the soft/hard copy of I 797 ??.Also my employer is not providing me any documents related to H1 petition. He said that i will get all the documents if, i can get a client letter of my own. Please let me know if it is possible to approach UCICS and make a complaint on that employer.I have the contract letter and the offer letter from my employer and the mails sent from him.Kindly advise.

Regards

Venkat 

New employer/attorney just needs a receipt number to quote to USCIS that you are cap exempt. Using the existing petition receipt number you can track status of your H1B petition and can take a print out of that webpage. Do not inform your current employer of your plans to move to a new employer till you get the H1B petition approved with new employer.

In your case USCIS will not be able to anything to your employer.

Archived