Employer skipped my bonus-Verbal Agreement breached

sapist

hi ,

I am a fulltime employee.My yearly bonus is skipped for this year. I was paid for the last year, But he is showing his colors this year.He is neither picking my call nor responding to my emails.As per the verbal agreement,I should get 10% bonus every year.

As per the agreement, i have to serve 2 months notice. As he already breached the verbal agreement , can I serve 15days notice and move to another employer ? 

Please help me how to deal with this. He might stop my pay for the last 15days and he may not pay me for the accumulated leaves. 

Hmm, why aren't you just go to his office?

Or is that a consulting company? You say "fulltime employee", which, in the H1 context, has come to mean working for a company with products, not a consulting company.

ANd verbal agreements are worthless in business, because you can't prove anything.

Always get agreements in writing.

Hmm, why aren't you just go to his office?

Or is that a consulting company? You say "fulltime employee", which, in the H1 context, has come to mean working for a company with products, not a consulting company.

ANd verbal agreements are worthless in business, because you can't prove anything.

Always get agreements in writing.

Its a consulting company and they are doing body shopping.. 

From an immigration point of view, the various agreements with employees---notice periods, non-compete etc.-- do not prevent employees from changing jobs on H1 etc. Employers can not prevent someone from leaving or force them to work. The agreements involve financial penalties.

Agree.. What should I do if employer is not following law? Do I still need to pay penalities ? I wanted to go to India for a visit and My employer said No to amendments.I spoke to Immigration attorney and lawyer advised that amendment is necessary in my case.I would like to visit india for my only sister marriage :( At the same time I cannot take risk going to stamping with out amendment. There is a clear email statement from employer that He will not do amendment.

Agree.. What should I do if employer is not following law? Do I still need to pay penalities ? I wanted to go to India for a visit and My employer said No to amendments.I spoke to Immigration attorney and lawyer advised that amendment is necessary in my case.I would like to visit india for my only sister marriage :( At the same time I cannot take risk going to stamping with out amendment. There is a clear email statement from employer that He will not do amendment.

Your employer is not following the law, so you can break that contract ANY time. LAW is more powerful than the one-sided contract agreement.

Archived