DS 160 Questions

vshee

Dear All,

First I would like to thank all for helping us with valuable suggestions.

I have a few questions on filling out my DS 160 Form. Please guide me in a right path.

My H1B got approved  recently and I am planning to go for stamping in Jamaica. I am trying to fill out DS 160 and got stuck with some questions.

1)  Full Name in native Alphabet? Do I have to write it or check on Does Not Apply?

2) One of the questions was US Tax Payer ID? Do I have to give this ID? If so where can I find this ID? I mean is there an ID in our W2 Forms?

3) In address and Phone Information Do I have to Fill in US Address or India Address?

4) Driver's License: If I hold a different State License in the past do I have to add it or Only the Current DL that I need to mention?

5) Have you been ten printed? I do not know whether I gave ten finger prints or not. What do I have to mention?

6) Present Work/Education/Training Info: What should I write for the primary occupation

As my major is in Chemistry and I work for an IT Company as an analyst. Do I have to indicate Other and provide my Title?

7) Course Of Study: Do I have to indicate Master of Science as I did my Masters in USA or do we have to specify the Major such as Electrical engg etc.?

8) Have you traveled to any countries in the last five years? I traveled to India so do I have    to mention it?

Please help me with the questions. Thanks in advance.

Assuming you are living in USA and i am replying to this.

1)  Full Name in native Alphabet? Do I have to write it or check on Does Not Apply?  -- DOES NOT APPLY

2) One of the questions was US Tax Payer ID? Do I have to give this ID? If so where can I find this ID? I mean is there an ID in our W2 Forms? -- IT WOULD BE YOUR SSN number mostly if you are from F1 or H1B  

3) In address and Phone Information Do I have to Fill in US Address or India Address? -- YOU HAVE TO GIVE USA

4) Driver's License: If I hold a different State License in the past do I have to add it or Only the Current DL that I need to mention? -- CURRENT DL 

5) Have you been ten printed? I do not know whether I gave ten finger prints or not. What do I have to mention? -- MOSTLY 10

6) Present Work/Education/Training Info: What should I write for the primary occupation

As my major is in Chemistry and I work for an IT Company as an analyst. Do I have to indicate Other and provide my Title?-- thats better.. but becareful to defend yourself in answering. 

7) Course Of Study: Do I have to indicate Master of Science as I did my Masters in USA or do we have to specify the Major such as Electrical engg etc.? -- whatever you have on ur final DEGREE from univ you got. 

8) Have you traveled to any countries in the last five years? I traveled to India so do I have    to mention it?  I dont know abt this one, as whether they r reallly asking to mention your home country or whether they mean by any other country other than you home country.. no idea. 

Thanks to you both. Really appreciate your help.

5) Have you been ten printed? I went for my F1 Stamping in the Month of August 2008 so I am not sure whether they took ten finger prints or not. I am still confused with this question.

@EatPrayLove If you dont mind May I know what was your background as you said you mentioned engineering for Question 6.

For Q8 I came to know that the answer should be YES.

Once Again Thanks  a lot for your help.

Archived