I-140 approved while in India

manav98

Hi

My I-140 was approved while I was in India on May 20th 2014. I had leave the US in January 2014 because at that time I did not have an approved labor cert or I-140 and my 6 years on H1B were complete. 

My question is, can I stay on in India till my priority date is current? My employer is willing to continue my green card processing while I am in India and offer me employment when my PD becomes current or whenever I want to go back. 

Any help would be great!

Thanks

I am almost in the same situation. My I140 got approved, when i was in USA and based on that i got my 7 year H1B petition approved, Later  i came to india on emergency and later when i applied for the 7 year visa in Hyderabad Consulate , its got rejected based on 221g.This all happened on Sep 2011. 

I was staying in India Since Sep 2011, and later joined  Software company in Hyderabad.I am still working in India for the software company 2.

Now i see that the Priority date is almost going to fall under Current in the next bulletin. Is there is any chance that my USA Employer, who holds the I140, can apply for AOS or  file I-824 to transfer the case to NVC, and then get the GC.

Please advise.

I checked with my previous USA employer , he said he did not cancel the I140.Said he will see what he can do.

Please help, and provide me the details on this.

I am almost in the same situation. My I140 got approved, when i was in USA and based on that i got my 7 year H1B petition approved, Later  i came to india on emergency and later when i applied for the 7 year visa in Hyderabad Consulate , its got rejected based on 221g.This all happened on Sep 2011. 

I was staying in India Since Sep 2011, and later joined  Software company in Hyderabad.I am still working in India for the software company 2.

Now i see that the Priority date is almost going to fall under Current in the next bulletin. Is there is any chance that my USA Employer, who holds the I140, can apply for AOS or  file I-824 to transfer the case to NVC, and then get the GC.

Please advise.

I checked with my previous USA employer , he said he did not cancel the I140.Said he will see what he can do.

Please some one reply on this.

Please advise.

Please some one reply on this.

AOS can be done only while you are in US. But, certainly consular processing can be done. 

• 5 years later...

I moved to India last year 2019 and my previous  Employer is no longer sponsoring at the moment with EB2 priority date 0ctober 21 2010.

what are my options of using it can I process while I am in India?

Can I opt consular processing if any Other employer is willing to sponsor me? What would be the steps?

Do you know any one who can help me doing paperwork?

Thanks