H1B petition approved but COS denied can I stay on valid L1B and stamp in April 2015?

LoanSurvivor

Hi.. my case details are as below. My H1B petition was approved but COS was denied because of India travel. What are my options and best suggestion from your side?

L1B Stamped until - March 2019
L1B PED Date on stamp - March 2017
L1B Maxout date - Nov 2015
Current I94 expires on May 2017 
H1B Petition approved for Oct 2014 cycle but until Sept 2015 (H1 will maxout in Nov 2016)
COS denied as travelled to India in May
I140 approved in Sept 2014 
Passport expires in Mar 2016 and will be renewing it in Mar 2015

My questions are 
1. Can I continue on L1B until May 2015 and stamp H1B in May? Planning to do it after renewing my passport
2. Since H1B petition is approved for 1 year only and in case if I don't go India in May 2015, Can I apply for extension with change of status before Sept 2015? Would extension cause issues as I did not moved to H1B status? 
3. Since my I140 is approved can I apply for 3 years H1B extension? 

Thanks Jairichi and itsmeusa. One more question can I switch employer after Oct 1st 2015? Is it possible that new employer can file my H1B petition transfer and COS? Or I will have to get into H1B status to switch the job? 

ramk6220 - I travelled to India in May that was the time I received the petition number. So I would guess application was pending. 

Thanks Jairichi and itsmeusa. One more question can I switch employer after Oct 1st 2015? Is it possible that new employer can file my H1B petition transfer and COS? Or I will have to get into H1B status to switch the job? 

ramk6220 - I travelled to India in May that was the time I received the petition number. So I would guess application was pending. 

Yes, it is possible. New employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition along with COS.

• 3 months later...

Archived