Calgary H1 Stamping

Jubei

Hello Murthizens (Netizens surfing Murthy Forum),

First of all, Thank you all for providing your experience and suggestions. 

Stamping experience was very smooth similar to most people. Will start with the visa interview and then will go backward with my observation and suggestions.

After the second security check upstairs there's a line and for me it felt it took foreve. there's 2 windows where they do document checks like asking for 797, passport and for some people pay stubs, just normal documents. then to the next counter where finger prints are taken and photo check, keep a passport photo in handy.

After that you have to wait at the middle of the room where there's a sign 'line starts here', it feels a bit confusing but I just stood there and after some 5 mins, Visa Officer (VO)  came and waived and I went to that little office with 2 chairs. He told me to have a seat.

Model:  Employer - Client  (EC)

Me:  VO and I started greeting at the same time "How are you doing?" mentioned very good

VO: So you been on H1 before and are you working for AA (Previous company)

Me:   I left AA last year and working for BB

VO:  Oh, Ok,   So you did Masters

Me:  Yes and at University

VO:  What do you do for your company ?

Me:  my title and job duties briefly

VO:  you know your rights on H1 and any issues with your company regarding pay, benefits or vacation ?

Me: No! and they are good.

VO:  your visa is approved, here's the tracking may take upto a week to process

Me: Thanks!  Can I get it by this Friday ?

VO: I can't guarantee that.

Me: ok, Thanks and have a good day.

Here's my suggestions:

1)  I came half hour before appointment of 2 p.m. and there's a line,  would suggest to come at appointment time or a bit after that to avoid standing in line as the chances are there are already people ahead of you.

2) Make sure no electronics like cell phone or anything,  you may have to go outside to some 9 blocks and drop it, they do guide you about it.

3) Embassy is located right next to Tim Hortons in Rocky Mountain Plaza.

@Mr.   suggestion #1: Since people line up and security starts screening at appointment time all at once, it would avoid having to stand in line, once inside first check point you will wait again, then after going upstairs another security check. 

@aspiregc  Visa Interview on Monday and email from loomis regarding passport pick up came on Wednesday night.

@Mr.   suggestion #1: Since people line up and security starts screening at appointment time all at once, it would avoid having to stand in line, once inside first check point you will wait again, then after going upstairs another security check. 

@aspiregc  Visa Interview on Monday and email from loomis regarding passport pick up came on Wednesday night.

Great! After a while, I've seen a case who got the passport in a couple of days. Hope the process is speed enough at Calgary :)

Archived