H1B visa valid but moved to different country for short term


Recommended Posts

I was working in US but moved to different country last year so I had to take the employment of new country branch but same company. Now I am planning to go back to US after 10 months, is my H1 still valid? Can I go back to US with just stamping done or company needs to file new H1?

What should be procedure or options to go back to US and work with same US company.



Thanks in advance

Link to comment

Because you are working with same employer so employer-employee relationship was intact in those months.

You don't need to have new H1b. In order to enter in USA on H1b, have your unexpired I797 and visa with employer letter showing that you have legitimate work paying more or equal to LCA salary in USA. 

Make sure to contact your employer's HR to get best suggestion. 

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.