Got Fired !!! Plz help

pyuchem799

I'm in my first H1b extension and I140 is approved. I was working for wal-mart as a pharmacist. Got fired on 9-11-14. 

I have a job offer from another state but it will take me atleast 3 to 4 weeks to get a Pharmacist license there. And the lawyer from that company said that it is good to wait and get my license and apply for H1b transfer and green card filing.

My passport has visa stamped that expires in October 2015. 

What should i do ?

Plz help me.

Thanks.

I have not applied for cos yet. I'll talk to lawyer tomorrow. I have to get license from other state to transfer the H1b. It's is so crazy in jobs that require license. Sometimes it takes upto 4 to 8 weeks just to get license. I hope USCIS understands that not every job is change the place and start working. 

Every state has their own licensing exam and requires time. And sometimes one cannot plan for things that happen so sudden. I have to wait at least 2 weeks to get my license and then have to send an application to USCIS. This is so crazy.

I have not applied for cos yet. I'll talk to lawyer tomorrow. I have to get license from other state to transfer the H1b. It's is so crazy in jobs that require license. Sometimes it takes upto 4 to 8 weeks just to get license. I hope USCIS understands that not every job is change the place and start working. 

Every state has their own licensing exam and requires time. And sometimes one cannot plan for things that happen so sudden. I have to wait at least 2 weeks to get my license and then have to send an application to USCIS. This is so crazy.

You need to file COS ASAP, you are currently out of status.

" I hope USCIS understands that not every job is change the place and start working. "

USICS doesn't understand this. H1b is temporary work permit.

You have started accumulation Out of Status days from Sept 11.

USCIS wants you to leave the USA at the day H1b employer-employee relationship is broken. One can extend his/her stay in USA by doing COS to other status. 

Archived