How will be the Stamping Decided ?

maddyfreaks

Hi Experts,

Wish you all are doing great. Below is my situation and I wish some one come across this situation or provide your feedback if you know please.

Currently My H1 is Valid till End of Decmeber (15 Dec 2014) dec and I got my New H1 Starting from 16 DEC 2014.  Currently I have two 797's and I am planning to go for stamping to Jamaica.

Do you think that will be a problem ?? 

Do you know based on what 797 will the Stamp ?? [ existing 797/New 797 ]

Your Feedback's are appreciated.

Dude, this is exactly similar to my situation and it's good that you are seeking advice. My H1b visa application got into admin processing (221g) just because of this mess. I was lucky to get it cleared within 3/4 weeks.

Per my understanding after at least half a dozen emails with US consulates to submit various documents they wanted, I came to know that - this is based on your H1b visa stamp ~ meaning ~ which petition you used to get your most current H1b visa.

If your H1b visa stamp is based on your current H1b petition and has expiration of 15th Dec 2014 - then you give new 797 case no.

If your H1b visa stamp is not based on your current H1b petition and has expiration less than 15th Dec 2014 - then you must give current 797 case no.

When you go to US consulate, give them your current + new H1b petition approval copies. That way, you would get H1b visa stamp as per new 797 approval.

Please check this with lawyer as well. 

Best luck!

Do you think that will be a problem ?? 

U have visa validity and if u r get stamped u r allowed at port of entry with no issues....

Do you know based on what 797 will the Stamp ?? [ existing 797/New 797 ]

NEW 797 vailidty is considered for stamping....please show the new one to visa officer and request him....in case he is considering the old one.

Most case new i797 is considered...my case is almost same....

Archived