Holding Multiple H1bs with different employers - got 221g with Employer A

guru21

Hi all,
I got two H1bs from different employers Employer A and Employer B.

I decided to go with Employer A and attended  visa interview at New Delhi Consulate where I was told that they cannot issue my visa. They have given me 221g white sheet and was told to submit the documents at VAC. It seems that they need some extra documents from client/petitioner.

My employer A is saying that he is currently arranging the documents from the client.

Now, is it possible to schedule an interview with H1b of Employer B?

Do I need to inform Employer B about this 221g or can I directly schedule an interview using Employer B H1b's receipt number?

If I do not inform Employer B , is there any way  that Employer B will come to know about Employer A.

Please advise what should I do in such scenario.

Thanks,

You can schedule H1b visa interview for "B". It's always good to keep employer informed. If you dont tell about "A", "B" would never know about you having approved H1b petition from "A".

However, if you go schedule a interview for "B" at any consulate, they would know that your visa is denied for "A". And though this is a fresh case for them, it would be clouded and they would take extra precaution (that may result in another 221 G for "B")

Thanks for provind you inputs. @mrao22 : I have different client letters from each employer and applied from India. This is my first H1b.

@jairichi : For withdrawing the current 221g case of Employer A, what are the steps to do it?

After withdrawing the current 221g case, if I do not inform my Employer B about this 221g and go for stamping with new DS - 160 form with all information related to employer B, is there any chance that

1) My visa gets approved?

2) Is there any way Employer B will get to know about Employer A, if I do not tell him?

Thanks for provind you inputs. @mrao22 : I have different client letters from each employer and applied from India. This is my first H1b.

@jairichi : For withdrawing the current 221g case of Employer A, what are the steps to do it?

After withdrawing the current 221g case, if I do not inform my Employer B about this 221g and go for stamping with new DS - 160 form with all information related to employer B, is there any chance that

1) My visa gets approved?

2) Is there any way Employer B will get to know about Employer A, if I do not tell him?

You need to contact US consulate for withdrawal of H1B visa application.

1. Depends on your documents.

2. No.

Thanks Jairichi for your valuable inputs.

Could you please point me to some link/site which can help me to know about how to contact US consulate and what all documents do we require to submit for withdrawing the 221g case of Employer A?

You need to specifically look at US consulate website where you have applied to get their contact information. You need to send a mail specifying that you like to withdraw the visa application.

Archived