Jamaica successfull visa stamping story on Aug/27th

rajisam2009

Hi My friends, I am writing just to give you some information and share my experiences i had in Jamaica for my H1B stamping.

I had interview scheduled at WEDNESDAY 7.30AM on August/27th/2014. I went to the consulate by 6.30, unfortunately it was already a big line there who are standing for 7AM schedule.

I had to wait outside for 20mins approx and then they stamp your passport with a photo of yours along with you I797 form to it by verifying your interview schedule slot.

Make sure nothing is carried except the file that day in your hands, I was not aware of that I carried my handbag which had some hand lotion,cream and other stuff they took them out and i had to trash them :(

Once they send you inside there will be a security check.

Then there will be a time to get into other room for your ticket with a token number to do the fingerprints.

Once the ticket is given make sure you write your first and last name on the ticket(they do mention this)

Then into the finger prints room for this there will be a long wait...

Once entered in the fingerprints room then they call your number to that window and give finger prints. 

NOTE: here some people faced questionnaire asking why Jamaica? why not other country how long is the stay? where do you work? etc.. be prepared to answer them.

Once done with the finger prints then in a Q for the interview with US consulate member.

Here you will be directed to the counter by the guardian standing there.

Once you are at the counter for the interview ready with the documents which are important.

My expereience at the interview counter:

VO: GM! how are you doing this morning

Me: GM madam I am pretty good thank you

VO:Give me your passport please

Me: Here it is, thank you

VO:Are you already working for this employer in USA?

Me: Yes I am 

VO:Are you going to continue with the same employer once you go back?

Me: yes I will continue Madam

VO:What do you for this employer?

Me: I am sorry can you repeat the question with smile

VO: What do you for them?

Me: I just mentioned my designation xxxxx that is all i did not give her the complete details at all.

VO: when are you planning to leave?

Me: On saturday ( my interview was on WEDNESDAY morning 7.30AM)

VO: Ok come and collect your passport tomorrow at 2.30PM

Me: Sure thank you so much madam have a great day.

I was so happy to come out with the news i got the visa stamped.Walked out with a great smile on my face.

Here is the tricky thing I booked my flight for following Tuesday but still i mentioned that I am travelling back on Saturday. but few people suggested this is ok, until they do not ask for the travel document.

I stayed in a sharing accomodation pretty close consulate..do not worry at all you will have lot of indians crowd in the same hotel

and you meet them have a good time to hang out, go for site seeing after your interview is complete.

If you need any information or suggestions questions please do contact me by my email posted in my profile.

Good luck folks!

Thanks

Raji

Hi Vamsi, 

Below is the hotel details it is a luxury hotel if you can share with others it would a nice place to stay with complimentary breakfast.

Name:

Knutsford Court Z da Hotel.

Located at:

16 Chelsea ave,

Kingston 5, Jamaica,W.I

NOTE: There are few other hotels with the name saying courtyard. I am not sure about other hotels reviews.

Hi Vamsi, 

Below is the hotel details it is a luxury hotel if you can share with others it would a nice place to stay with complimentary breakfast.

Name:

Knutsford Court Z da Hotel.

Located at:

16 Chelsea ave,

Kingston 5, Jamaica,W.I

NOTE: There are few other hotels with the name saying courtyard. I am not sure about other hotels reviews.

Thank you.. Can you provide any Cab/Taxi details .Will US phones will work ?? How do you reach out the Cab/taxi from the Embassy .. 

Thanks Again,

vamsi

Hmm raji, it seems you just got lucky as the VO there may not be smart enough to look properly, anyways, are you a Full Time Employee or under some xyz desi consulting with a vendor in between?

Because you didn't got your visa that doesn't mean that everyone will not get it. Take a break, go back to your home country and find a good job.

Hi Ottawa_rocks,

This is not something luck or what ever you call it. I had 15 other people who came with different type of visa stampings in the span of 3 days and every one got approved fyi.

If you do not encourage that is fine, but please do not try to discourage people who are willing plan to get stamped.

Sincere request....

Archived