Dont want to join new employer

manborntowin

Currently I am working for Company A. Recently got an offer from desi consultancy B and I accepted the offer. They (B) have submitted for my H1 transfer on premium processing. Now my current company (A) would like to retain me and I am also not interested to leave company A now. The offer letter I signed with company B has following clause. 

"After the acceptance of this agreement (if applicable) and failing to join the company, this agreement will bind the employee to reimburse (where applicable) the expense incurred by the company to process via, training, legal, airfare ticket/air ticket cancellation or any similar expense."

I do not want to pay them any thing.. Will I face legal actions from company B if I dont join them..?

Thanks for the response. They did not spend anything on training or trip as I have not joined them yet. I am worried if they can take any legal action on me with this agreement if I don't join them. Please let me know if they can.

One more question. Can there be more than one h1b active petitions on my name at a time ? Can my new employer (B) keep my H1B petition active without running payroll on my name ? 

Thanks for the response. They did not spend anything on training or trip as I have not joined them yet. I am worried if they can take any legal action on me with this agreement if I don't join them. Please let me know if they can.

One more question. Can there be more than one h1b active petitions on my name at a time ? Can my new employer (B) keep my H1B petition active without running payroll on my name ? 

As Pontevecchio mentioned show the contract/agreement with a labor attorney.

The answer for your second question is NO. If you have not joined an employer or left an employer then by law employer has to revoke H1B petition.

Archived