Travel to Canada by road on valid H1 Petition

jayasas

Hello Experts,

I am employed in the US with an approved H1 petition valid until Sep 2017.  I have a personal need to travel to Brampton a few times this year.  I live in the US close to the Canadian border and want to drive there every time I have a need to visit.  Given that I will have a multiple entry visitor's visa to Canada, will I have to appear for a Visa interview in Canada before I enter the US on road, the first time I travel outside?  Please advice.  Thanks!

Hello Experts,

I am employed in the US with an approved H1 petition valid until Sep 2017.  I have a personal need to travel to Brampton a few times this year.  I live in the US close to the Canadian border and want to drive there every time I have a need to visit.  Given that I will have a multiple entry visitor's visa to Canada, will I have to appear for a Visa interview in Canada before I enter the US on road, the first time I travel outside?  Please advice.  Thanks!

No need of visa if your trip is less than 30 days.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/automatic-revalidation.html

Thanks for the advise.  I do not have the H1B visa stamped on my passport yet and I was a student prior to that.  Does that change the equation at all.  The Automatic Visa Revalidation information I found doesn't answer this specific scenario.  Please advise.

Please read the link which we refer in the earlier post.

It doesn't care about the visa, it cares about your present legal status and number of days you stay in Canada.

Archived