Can i Enter US with H1 Visa valid for 1 month and H1 extension with approved I797.

khandoba1986

I am traveling India and coming back to US on 22nd Dec 2014. My current H1 b is valid till Jan 2015. 

a) Will there be any problem coming 1 month before my H1 visa expires. Please note i will enter based

on existing H1 visa (valid till next one month from my date of US entry) and with my approved H1 extension ( I797). 

b) Do i need to Go for stamping for the H1 extension or i can come back with current H1 visa and newly extended approved H1 petition (I797).

c) If i am allowed to enter i will get I94 till my Current H1 visa date OR H1 extension approved petition.

d) Are there any other risk associated with my travel before one month of Visa expiration.

Thanks Jairichi - I have met other other attorney and his answers are same what u gave however attorney with my employer is saying that officer at port of entry may be give i94 based on Current H1 visa. if this happens i again i have to travel back before my H1 visa expires ( this is 1 month after i enter US ) and get it stamped. so he as asking me to go for stamping during my trip itself. 

a) -------------IS STAMPING REALLY REQUIRED ------

I really dont want to go for stamping if i can legally reenter based on current H1 visa for 1 month and approved extended petition i797.

b) Can i94 be given based on Current H1 visa/Old i797  even if i hold new approved extension ( extended i797).

Please help, this is getting scary for me as i cannot change my travel plans. Thanks

Hi Jairichi, I have heard something about last action rule, according to which i will get i94 based on my existing Visa (valid for only next 1 month from my days of arrival. 

Could you please explain if this last action rule will affect my I94. 

Thanks,

Ajaykumar J Bhagat

You need to show both I797s at POE to get extended I94 expiry date.

Archived