Travel to USA with H1B receipt for the first time

rarate

Hi,

I have a H1B petition from Company A. I have never traveled to USA. The status of petition is 

"On July 31, 2014, the previous decision made on your case was revoked and we mailed you a notice explaining the decision. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations"

Another company B filed for a H1B transfer on August 20, 2014. They are asking me to travel to USA with the H1B receipt. Can I travel to USA with the H1B receipt only (not to mention, i am entering USA for the first time)?

Please help me.

Hi,

I have a H1B petition from Company A. I have never traveled to USA. The status of petition is 

"On July 31, 2014, the previous decision made on your case was revoked and we mailed you a notice explaining the decision. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations"

Another company B filed for a H1B transfer on August 20, 2014. They are asking me to travel to USA with the H1B receipt. Can I travel to USA with the H1B receipt only (not to mention, i am entering USA for the first time)?

Please help me.

To enter into US on H1 you need to have H1 approval and visa. So you cannot enter just with receipt number.

BTW, is company B a consulting firm??

I do have the H1B visa stamped on my passport which expires in 2016. 

So, i have a valid passport, valid visa, revoked petition of company A,  H1B receipt of company B.. 

The company is asking me to come to USA with the above documents.

Their argument is...since the H1B transfer is not subjected to H1B cap, you can join the new company on H1B receipt. They say it is legally valid.

I do have the H1B visa stamped on my passport which expires in 2016. 

So, i have a valid passport, valid visa, revoked petition of company A,  H1B receipt of company B.. 

The company is asking me to come to USA with the above documents.

Their argument is...since the H1B transfer is not subjected to H1B cap, you can join the new company on H1B receipt. They say it is legally valid.

You can work with H1 receipt, but you CANNOT enter US just with receipt. You need H1 approval at POE. If you want to get deported then do what your employer says.

Why so hurry?? Why don't you upgrade the processing to premium and get the approval in 15 days?

Archived