I 94 expired, H1B extension denied & grace period

RCGowda

Hi All,

I am stuck in H1B issues. Here is detailed event-by-event write up so far.

# Company A filed H1B for me in 2012. I came to US on Aug 2013 and worked for client in West coast.

# Company A closed due to some immigration issues in April 2014.

# I moved to company B and they filed H1B for me in March 2014.

# since company A is closing down, they surrendered all their H1B visas including mine in month of April [i mean after i moved to new company B, company A ensured that i had EAC number [H1B normal processing] in hand before they submitted for surrender/revoke].

# Company A and Company B are known to each other, thats how they were cooperative in my case.

# so overall, with company A [with approved h1b petition] and EAC number [company B], i worked in US for almost one year.

# Due to client letter issues, my new h1b petition with company B got denied on Aug 10th.

# original Company A  I-94 expired on July 28, 2014.

# my H1B petition with Company B got rejected on August 10th [ client letter is the main issue].

# i understand that i am accumulating the illegal stay from August 10th. I am moving back to india this week.

Few questions i have in this regard

1. If i go back to India, if new employer [full time job] wants to file H1 for me, does my application has to come through CAP or out of CAP?

2. How many days grace period do i have before i need to make a move to India? [ofcourse, i have booked tickets for this coming week]?

3. Does this illegal stay affect my chances when i try to come next time [either during h1b petition or visiting consulate for visa stamping]. Is there anything which i can take care about that now? please let me know.

Best Regards

Chandu

• 2 weeks later...

Archived