NIW requirements

I am planning to apply for EB-2 in the NIW category. I am a physician researcher, have 3 publications, 2 oral presentations, 7 posters and am a reviewer for 3 peer reviewed journals. I was told that high salary and investments will be an added benefit. I would like to know if it is true. I am heavily invested in the stock market and have a high salary. Apart from that, I have a good amount in 401K and me and my spouse have decent holdings in our Roth IRA accounts. Which of the above will be helpful apart from plain old research ? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I would urge you to discuss your petition first with maybe the firm of Murthy or any of your choice. Since my Immigration was based on NIW EB2 , I am familiar with the matter. Presentation is King and a weaker credential can be presented strongly based on experience and key words which  lawyers experienced in the matter are aware of. It would greatly reduce your chances were you to file on your own without the help of A Law firm experienced in the matter. High Salary and investments are not very relevant. A current job in the field of your expertise is a kicker. Best of luck.

I am planning to apply for EB-2 in the NIW category. I am a physician researcher, have 3 publications, 2 oral presentations, 7 posters and am a reviewer for 3 peer reviewed journals. I was told that high salary and investments will be an added benefit. I would like to know if it is true. I am heavily invested in the stock market and have a high salary. Apart from that, I have a good amount in 401K and me and my spouse have decent holdings in our Roth IRA accounts. Which of the above will be helpful apart from plain old research ? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

You heard wrong.

For an NIW, your work has to be in the national interest of the US. That's what NIW stands for, National Interest Waiver.

A relatively high salary comes from doing work that is in the national interest. Personal investments are irrelevant, and pretty much everybody working in the US has a 401k and or Roth IRA or similar retirement funds.

Your research is what matters, nothing else.

Archived