H1b denial due to non-IT background, any hopes with MTR

abcxyz07

My H1b is denied this year and the reason for denial was non-IT/computer background. I work for a pharma company and deal with clinical data that needs pharmaceutical knowledge that I have. The reason for denial is the LCA and the H1b title is '---Programmer'. My employer has filed as '----programmer' as opposed to analyst or something. The denial notice says the programming job needs a computer degree. I have worked in the related field over years as it needs pharmacy or medical background. RFE also had the same question about my non-IT background and '---Programmer'. After replying to the RFE, we receive the denial notice. Any hope to reopen the case with MTR.

Thanks

I work as a statistical programmer for a pharmaceutical client. I deal with clinical trials data and use SAS software to analyze the data and generated reports that are submitted for drug approval purpose. This type of job needs not only a SAS software knowledge but you need to understand the clinical terminology such as Adverse Events, concomitant medications etc. I have seen a lot of cases that got approved with the same background and same title as well. I have also seen people using Clinical SAS analyst vs SAS programmer for h1b. I do have some statistical certification from usa and almost 2 years of computer related courses. The denial mostly revolves around my LCA which they think is a computer science job. There is not statistical programmer title available for filing LCA and the closest one was computer related. I have seen a lot of cases getting approved with my background of Pharmacy (Ind) and Chemistry(US). Any help would be really appreciated.
  just to add the information that I provided above, my legal team says they have used the same title that is SAS programmer for a chem and pharm background people like me and got approved and that is why I was wondering if MTR with Murthy Law firm would help?

I work as a statistical programmer for a pharmaceutical client. I deal with clinical trials data and use SAS software to analyze the data and generated reports that are submitted for drug approval purpose. This type of job needs not only a SAS software knowledge but you need to understand the clinical terminology such as Adverse Events, concomitant medications etc. I have seen a lot of cases that got approved with the same background and same title as well. I have also seen people using Clinical SAS analyst vs SAS programmer for h1b. I do have some statistical certification from usa and almost 2 years of computer related courses. The denial mostly revolves around my LCA which they think is a computer science job. There is not statistical programmer title available for filing LCA and the closest one was computer related. I have seen a lot of cases getting approved with my background of Pharmacy (Ind) and Chemistry(US). Any help would be really appreciated.

just to add the information that I provided above, my legal team says they have used the same title that is SAS programmer for a chem and pharm background people like me and got approved and that is why I was wondering if MTR with Murthy Law firm would help?

If your attorney is confident then giving another shot is fine. Yes, talk to an attorney from Murthy law firm.

It would likely depend upon the information provided in the petition. I would recommend you (or, preferably, your employer) schedule a consultation with one of the attorneys who can review your situation in greater detail and advise you on how best to proceed.

I contacted Murthy Law Firm and they suggested me to go with MTR.  I work for a different Pharmaceutical Client as my project with my old client is finished (The client with LCA and H1b application is finished). Do I need to file a new LCA as my client is now changed or we would have to go with the previous LCA. Just curious can I change the Title from Statistic programmer to something......analyst (clinical) or in those lines. Can we change the title of the LCA when applying for MTR to fit my pharma background as my denial was due to LCA title that is Statistical Programer and my non computer background. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I contacted Murthy Law Firm and they suggested me to go with MTR.  I work for a different Pharmaceutical Client as my project with my old client is finished (The client with LCA and H1b application is finished). Do I need to file a new LCA as my client is now changed or we would have to go with the previous LCA. Just curious can I change the Title from Statistic programmer to something......analyst (clinical) or in those lines. Can we change the title of the LCA when applying for MTR to fit my pharma background as my denial was due to LCA title that is Statistical Programer and my non computer background. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If this is your first cap subject H1B petition then your petition might not be successful as USCIS will ask for documents from client for which H1B petition was filed. End of project with filed client is enough for them to deny it. Again talk to Murthy law firm or your attorney.

Archived