H1B Visa Stamping with DUI Charge

praveenkpasham

Hi There, I need your suggestions on my H1B VISA stamping!

I have charged with DUI in Aug 2013, and still the case is pending in court from almost one year due to dates availability. I have recently got my H1B extension and start date is from Oct 1st 2014. I am planning book the embassy appointment in the month of October at Jamaica rather than home country India, anyhow I can’t go to Canada.

My concerns are:

1.    Do I need to wait till the judgment of DUI charge for visa stamping or should I attend embassy before the judgment.

2.    What are the consequences I have to face before/after the judgment at the embassy when I attend for H1B extension visa and also at port of entry.

Hi There, I need your suggestions on my H1B VISA stamping!

I have charged with DUI in Aug 2013, and still the case is pending in court from almost one year due to dates availability. I have recently got my H1B extension and start date is from Oct 1st 2014. I am planning book the embassy appointment in the month of October at Jamaica rather than home country India, anyhow I can’t go to Canada.

My concerns are:

1.    Do I need to wait till the judgment of DUI charge for visa stamping or should I attend embassy before the judgment.

2.    What are the consequences I have to face before/after the judgment at the embassy when I attend for H1B extension visa and also at port of entry.

Can I know why can't you go to Canada?

Archived