Dos status pending

stpr

Hi, 

I have applied for J1 waiver one month back and my status at DoS website is still pending. I have inquired DoS and they replied back saying they have technical problem with their visa system and there can be no guarantee that your waiver will be finished by a particular date.

I have 4 months left in my J1 to end. Is it going to be problematic?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have applied for J1 waiver one month back and my status at DoS website is still pending. I have inquired DoS and they replied back saying they have technical problem with their visa system and there can be no guarantee that your waiver will be finished by a particular date.

I have 4 months left in my J1 to end. Is it going to be problematic?

I hope you have the favorable recommendation from DOS by now. Even if it comes in the next week or two I hope that will still give you plenty of time to get waiver from USCIS! fingers crossed!

Same here. My last DoS update as NOS received was on July, 22. No further updates. When contacted I too was told that, "The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa system.  We are operating at a significantly reduced capacity and will be until we clear the document backlog. Your J1-waiver case will be processed once we are fully operational."

Please update here is any DoS recommendations issued.  

Archived