Changing jobs and being in invalid state


Recommended Posts

Hello all,

Here is my current state:


- Worked with a reputed employer "A" since 2009 and was on extended H1 which is valid till 2015.

- Green card process was started in 2011 and received the I-140.

- Resigned from my job a month ago.

- Accepted a new job offer with company "B' after being in "invalid" state for 15 days....

- The new company is now transferring the H1..


Do I need to leave the US, get the new visa stamped and then re-enter to start working since i was in invalid state and an adjustment of status needs to be done ?


Or can I just start working and the "invalid" state just gets nullified ?



Thanks for the help.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.