Name change for minor (485 application)

Recommended Posts


My minor(1 year old)  daughter's old name is "ABC" as per Birth Certificate.

We have been changed new name to "XYZ" after following below mentioned name change procedure in Pune, Maharashtra, India.


1. Published in Official Gazette of India 


2. Published name change ad in 2 newspapers in India



After above procedure, passport has been issued with new name.


Till now Birth Certificate has old name and municipality is not allowing to update  or correct birth certificate name with new name.


Is above mentioned name change procedure sufficient or correct for GC / 485 application ?


Please advise.


Thanks in advance,


Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.