I-140 appeal was dismissed

Anand1979

Hi All,

Here is the background about my case. On April i got REF on my I-140. They requested for Experience Letter from my previous company.

My Previous company was acquired by another company. So i requested the Experience Letter from the acquired company with all the skill set details and replied back the REF on JUNE. Yesterday when i looked into the online status it states that

"On August 1, 2014, your appeal was dismissed. The original decision on your case remains the same. If you have not received this decision within 30 days."

1) What is that mean?

My next concern is

I am on 6th Year visa and it is going to expire during the middle of Aug. We applied for the H1 extension during MAY based on my approved labor. It is still in Initial status.

2) Whether the I-140 status is going to affect my H1 Extension process?

3) What is my next plan of action?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Approved labor does not qualify for extension. Only (PERM or I-140) pending for more than a year or approved I-140 is eligible for extension.

My PERM was approved on FEB. Online I-140 Status states "On August 1, 2014, your appeal was dismissed. The original decision on your case remains the same". Not sure about the I140 status. If my I140 is denied is it going to affect my ongoing H1 Extension Process?

• 3 months later...

Archived