F1 Visa Enter with in 5 months?


Recommended Posts

You may enter the US even after 5 months after the visa was approved however you may require documents to evidence that you had deferred the admission with the University and you will commence (initial attendance) your program with the same Univ. The 5-month rule applies only for returning students and is available in the travel.state.gov website. However if you change a college you need some luck if wish to change the Univ (initial attendance) after obtaining the stamping for a diff Uni. Anyway it would be best to get in touch with experience attorney to avoid any issues at port of entry considering the cost of air ticket and being turned around.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.