h-4 visa transfer to different nationality passport.

exotichead

i currently have h-4 visa on indian passport. 

in a month , i will be travelling to australia from usa to get my australian citizenship and passport.

according to indian policy , with in 3 months of acquiring foreign nationality , indian passport must be surrendered as india doesnt support dual nationality.

my concern is i leave usa on my h-4 indian passport , while returning i will be having australian passport and indian passport with h-4 visa.

is there a way to transfer h-4 visa between passports ?

or what are my options ?

do i have to apply for a new h-4 with usa consulate in australia , once i get my australian passport and then return back to usa with that ?

thanks

i currently have h-4 visa on indian passport. 

in a month , i will be travelling to australia from usa to get my australian citizenship and passport.

according to indian policy , with in 3 months of acquiring foreign nationality , indian passport must be surrendered as india doesnt support dual nationality.

my concern is i leave usa on my h-4 indian passport , while returning i will be having australian passport and indian passport with h-4 visa.

is there a way to transfer h-4 visa between passports ?

or what are my options ?

do i have to apply for a new h-4 with usa consulate in australia , once i get my australian passport and then return back to usa with that ?

thanks

Once you acquired Australian nationality I believe you cannot use Indian passport. Apply for a H4 visa at US consulate in Australia.

Archived