Visa Screen

nav2nov

I received a RFE for I 485 application. I am a physical therapist and among other usual things like medical and employer letter, a recent visa screen certificate is requested.

When I had applied I-140 in 2009 I had supplied visa screen from CGFNS. This certificate has now expired. I will like to know if I can submit FCCPT's type 1 certificate instead of CGFNS visa screen certificate ?

The RFE specifically mentions a current/ recent copy of visa screen certificate. I will no like to take any chances with the RFE at this stage and wont mid an additional $500 which CGFNS demands for premium processing. I have already paid $540, but they are still slow and in one month have not yet updated my account to reflect the documents they have received (they say they take 21 days to open the letter after they receive it). Once they have acknowledged that they have all documents then I can pay $500 for premium processing (5 days).

Please advice, navin / -

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Victor,

My RFE mentions "a current copy of CGFNS visa screen certificate". I know I might be repeating my self, but you still think it is ok to provide FCCPT's type 1 certificate ?

Do you some one who has successfully done it ?

thank you,

please advise, navin / -

Navin,

I had received RFE as well and it states " please submit current, unexpired copy of visa screen issued either from FCCPT or CGFNS. This certificate is .......!"

As far as USCIS is concerned FCCPT and CGFNS both organization are approved provider for visa screen. For 485 approval visa screen can be issued by either, no specific requirement for visa screen to be issues by CGFNS.

For your case if you are not able to get CGFNS visa screen in time , it would be better to submit FCCPT type 1( visa screen), to meet deadlines. Your case can not be denied on about fact .

If you still are doubtful , you can always seek professional advice from attorney .

I had my type -2 from FCCPT and now I m getting it done by CGFNS, I had same struggle as you have , don't give up ..

Thanks Victor,

You are a life saver.... This thing is so important that every nick hurts like a fracture. I am having night mares getting it from CGFNS mainly because of their 1 month processing time (basically opening that letter) after they recieve the document. After a month they turned around and said it does not have board's embossed seal, so they wont accept it, get it sent again. HCPC, UK does not have an embossed seal, they never did.

FCCPT accepted the same letter and issued a certificate as a priority (no extra fees), I recieved it the next day.

have a nice day, navin / -

Archived