Recapture in 6th year

gaslight

New job filed Perm 3 months ago and filed my recapture,we were expecting 6 months but was approved for 3months. This period is unlikely to cover Perm approval and I-140 premium processing to be eligible for H-1b extension. I'm currently out of the country for visa stamping for new job. Any ideas?

Since, I'm out of the country is it best to delay start date with new job until I-140 is approved...just so I have a guaranteed h-1b extension? What happens to H-1 approval if not used, can I recapture the time post I-140 approval?

Better to delay till I-140 is approved so that days can be recaptured along with 3 years extension.

• 4 weeks later...

Better to delay till I-140 is approved so that days can be recaptured along with 3 years extension.

Can the employer request a later start date on an already approved h-1b petition based on recapture in order to coincide with I-140 approval? This is so that upon entry into the US, one can then file for h-1b extension based on I-140 approval?

Can the employer request a later start date on an already approved h-1b petition based on recapture in order to coincide with I-140 approval? This is so that upon entry into the US, one can then file for h-1b extension based on I-140 approval?

Yes, for H1B a specific start date can be mentioned while filing petition.

Archived