Any H1B's waiting 221g additional administrative processing?

rk683

Hello all,

Looking to reach out to others who's visa, specifically H1B may be pending administrative processing. I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks at this point. Interviewed in Toronto and was given a yellow slip with batch # on it. I'm in touch with a few others who are stuck in Toronto as well. Please reply to this forum so we can share information/experiences. 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi rk683,

Did you get your issue solved, I am planning to go for H1B stamping in September, Wondering how safe is to choose toronto location or shall I go for other location such as Ottawa assuming VO stamping is little easy at Ottawa

Thanks

Hello all,

Looking to reach out to others who's visa, specifically H1B may be pending administrative processing. I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks at this point. Interviewed in Toronto and was given a yellow slip with batch # on it. I'm in touch with a few others who are stuck in Toronto as well. Please reply to this forum so we can share information/experiences. 

Thanks

Hi rk683,

Did you get your issue solved, I am planning to go for H1B stamping in September, Wondering how safe is to choose toronto location or shall I go for other location such as Ottawa assuming VO stamping is little easy at Ottawa

Thanks

Doesn't matter which consulate you attend, make sure you have all the required documents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Rahul and All,

I attended my H1B visa renewal interview on August 28th 2014, and was given 221g , with no specific reason (but i guess its TAL) and was asked to respond to email. I received email on the same day , asking for filling out questionnaire , full cvs, research publications, itinerary, degree certificates and transcripts. Since then i was weekly sending email to consulate (at

'support@ustraveldocs.com') and was getting standard reply saying that "..your case is under administrative processing" . As of today, this is my 6th week in waiting in frustration. Also, this week , they stopped receiving any response from the consulate , i usually get response back within 24 hours, but it has been 4 days since i sent an email asking for the status, but no response.

Does anybody think, it is a bad sign or indication that consulate gave up on my case ? Please share your insights as it is really frustrating to wait without any indication of progress status .

Thanks

Sai

Archived