Canada visitor visa for parents visiting US

brjaiswal

Hello Friends,

I am on H1B. My parents are visiting me in US from July14 to Nov14 on visitor visa. Meanwhile they would like to visit Canada. They have came here as dependent on me. Is it advisable to apply for Canada visitor visa for them from US? Is that a similar application process as other visitors to Canada? 

I found that if they will return to US within 30 days then they won't require new I-94 but I would like to take advice :)

Hello Friends,

I am on H1B. My parents are visiting me in US from July14 to Nov14 on visitor visa. Meanwhile they would like to visit Canada. They have came here as dependent on me. Is it advisable to apply for Canada visitor visa for them from US? Is that a similar application process as other visitors to Canada? 

I found that if they will return to US within 30 days then they won't require new I-94 but I would like to take advice :)

How can they come here as dependents?? That's not possible.

Yes, they need Canadian visiting visa. And if their trip is less than 30 days then no need of new I94, that' called AVR.

How can they come here as dependents?? That's not possible.

Yes, they need Canadian visiting visa. And if their trip is less than 30 days then no need of new I94, that' called AVR.

Thanks for reply. They came as visitor but in I-134 I have mentioned that all expenses will be taken care by me. so my question is, Is it adviceable to apply for canadian visitor visa while they are in US?

Thanks for reply. They came as visitor but in I-134 I have mentioned that all expenses will be taken care by me. so my question is, Is it adviceable to apply for canadian visitor visa while they are in US?

I am not sure how things work in this case, getting visa itself takes more than month. Give a try if possible.

Archived