Relocating to another state with approved I-140 and same employer

hasitha

Hello Experts,

I need some help with my situation. I have an approved I-140 for my employer in state A. I am looking to relocate to state B but still work for same employer. Employer said they will file H1B amendment. But I am concerned about my Green card processing because my LC ( of GC) only specifies location of State A. On a side note, my employer doesn't have an office in state B

I did a little bit of research online and here is what I found out

1. Restart the GC process for state B

2. Switch to another employer and port the PD

3. Do not relocate

Are there other options so I can avoid #1, #2 and #3. I am thinking I can move back to state A when my PD ( Jan 2012) becomes current.

Please advice

• 3 weeks later...

The LC and subsequent I-140 are for a future job. Working elsewhere in the meantime is permissible.

Thanks ponte, meanwhile I got a chance to talk to my attorney and the attorney says I should move back to original location specified in the LC when filing I-485. 

Can others who work in consulting positions comment on how you were able to resolve such a scenario?

Thanks ponte, meanwhile I got a chance to talk to my attorney and the attorney says I should move back to original location specified in the LC when filing I-485. 

Can others who work in consulting positions comment on how you were able to resolve such a scenario?

You will be moving back to that location after getting your GC, not while filing your 485. That's what GC is all about, you will be working at that location after getting your GC.

Archived