RFE on H4 to F1

rnv

Hi All,

I am currently on H4 status doing my masters. My H4 status expires on July 31st 2014.

I had applied for F1 status in April but today i got an RFE, I have not yet received my RFE letter notice.

On what status I will be after July 31st, since my h4 will expire and F1 is not yet approved because of RFE?

Is it good idea to get H4 extended and then reply for RFE so that I will be on H4 even if F1 gets rejected?

If I apply for H4 extension, will my F1 application will be invalid?

Please advise i am really confused.

Thank you

I recieved my RFE as:

submit evidence of the three most recent pay statements to establish and/or verify that your spouse has been maintaining valid nonimmigrant status.

What all documents i need to given along with pay slips?

I recieved my RFE as:

submit evidence of the three most recent pay statements to establish and/or verify that your spouse has been maintaining valid nonimmigrant status.

Provide 3 most recent pay stubs with a cover letter and a copy of RFE request.

When my F1 is in process can i apply for H4 extension?

If i apply for H4 extension now and if later my F1 gets approved then i will be on H4 or F1?

Thank you.

1. Yes, you can.

2. If F1 gets approved you will be on F1 status. But, if after F1 approval your EOS to H4 gets approved then you move back to H4 status.

Your RFE is a simple one provided your spouse is maintaining valid status in US. Your F1 will be approved without an issue.

I recieved my RFE as:

Give them exactly what they want, nothing more, nothing less. Just copies of the pay stubs are fine.

They obviously want to make sure that you are in valid H4 status, which you only are if your spouse is in valid H1 status and gets paid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived