H1B Stamping Question.

mothi

HI Guys,
         I have I-140 approved and My current H1B is valid till 01/31/2015….. I have recently moved to a different client project.  I have plans to travel abroad before January 2015…  I have few questions, please let me know if you have any idea about them.

·         I have to file the H1B amendment. Will I get the H1B amendment only till the end of January (01/31/2015) or will the end date on the amendment would be whatever the end date mentioned in the client letter, I mean will I get the H1B amendment approved with the end date going past the 01/31/2015.

·         Let’s say, The H1B amendment is approved and the end date is 01/31/2015 and my H1B extension also approved ( which would obviously start from 01/31/2015). Then when I go for the stamping , will I get the visa stamped till the end date on the H1B extension or amendment end date ?.

Please let me know guys, Thank You. 

HI Guys,

I have I-140 approved and My current H1B is valid till 01/31/2015….. I have recently moved to a different client project.  I have plans to travel abroad before January 2015…  I have few questions, please let me know if you have any idea about them.

·         I have to file the H1B amendment. Will I get the H1B amendment only till the end of January (01/31/2015) or will the end date on the amendment would be whatever the end date mentioned in the client letter, I mean will I get the H1B amendment approved with the end date going past the 01/31/2015.

·         Let’s say, The H1B amendment is approved and the end date is 01/31/2015 and my H1B extension also approved ( which would obviously start from 01/31/2015). Then when I go for the stamping , will I get the visa stamped till the end date on the H1B extension or amendment end date ?.

Please let me know guys, Thank You. 

1) Why do you want to go for Amendment instead apply for H1B extension in August (less than 180 days for expiry date) with new client letter.

2) You can go for Stamping with new I 797

Thanks a lot guys...... for clearing my doubts....

If I file only for H1B Extension with the current client project documents. then the H1B extension starts from February 1st.... But since I am planning to go for stamping before February, I have to file for H1B amendment since I got the current H1B on the previous project.

1) Why do you want to go for Amendment instead apply for H1B extension in August (less than 180 days for expiry date) with new client letter.

2) You can go for Stamping with new I 797

Archived