CP interview prep

moony

Hi guys,

We have our interview scheduled on Aug 19th. In the interview letter they only asked about DS260 1 and 2, passport, birth certi, marriage certi, fee payment, photographs, medical tests and PCC. 

1) They have not asked about "Notarized offer letter" as mentioned in other forums. Is it not needed anymore? Labor was filed 6 years back, so do they revise the salary in new offer letter?

2) Do we need to take anything else with us? like tax docs, education docs etc.

3) For past 2+ years we are in India and were trying to setup IT business which is not directly related to 'Software engineer' profile for which labor was filed. Will they ask anything about this or create any problem?

4) We will have a baby born between today and interview, we will try to get its birth certi and passport ready by interview. Will the case office be able to add newborn onto our application?

Thanks!

You need a recent, notarized offer letter from the employer who filed the LC and I-140, in particular since you don't currently work for the employer.

It is always good to have tax documents with you, even if they don't ask for it. Better too many documents than not enough...

Your business outside the US doesn't matter.

You can certainly get an immigrant visa for the baby.

Hi guys,

We have our interview scheduled on Aug 19th. In the interview letter they only asked about DS260 1 and 2, passport, birth certi, marriage certi, fee payment, photographs, medical tests and PCC. 

1) They have not asked about "Notarized offer letter" as mentioned in other forums. Is it not needed anymore? Labor was filed 6 years back, so do they revise the salary in new offer letter?

2) Do we need to take anything else with us? like tax docs, education docs etc.

3) For past 2+ years we are in India and were trying to setup IT business which is not directly related to 'Software engineer' profile for which labor was filed. Will they ask anything about this or create any problem?

4) We will have a baby born between today and interview, we will try to get its birth certi and passport ready by interview. Will the case office be able to add newborn onto our application?

Thanks!

Hi moony,

Can you please tell me what is your visa category and you priority date? Appreciate your response.

Thanks JoeF, you rock! Any idea on how to add a newborn onto the application?

Sam, its Nov 5th,2008 EB2.

I'm not sure, but just telling them at the interview would be a good idea.

Unlike with non-immigrant visas, they are actually very helpful to immigrants. Back when I got my immigrant visa, I found them very professional, much nicer than USCIS.

Thanks if you don't mind, can you please tell when your case got completed at NVC?

Oh, that was a very long time back. I got my IV in Oct. 2000...

The process at NVC has changed a bit since then, but the interview is still the same stuff.

Oh, that was a very long time back. I got my IV in Oct. 2000...

The process at NVC has changed a bit since then, but the interview is still the same stuff.

I am sorry JoeF, actually I was asking moony, when is her case completion date. Since we both are from India, I would have got some idea, how much time it will take for me to receive interview schedule.

Archived