Change of status Denied(COS) from F1 to H1...need to go for stamping please suggest Jamaica / HYD

vamshi_007

Hi All,

My H1B is approved in may with out change of status from F1 to H1. In the I797B Consulate mentioned is Hyderabad. Can anyone please suggest If I should go to Jamaica/Hyd.

1) If I go to jamaica and VO ask why did you come to jamaica not India  , what should I answer?

2) I heard to change the consulate Informed from HYD to Jamaica we can request form I824 to uscis which will take 2 months atleast.

3) Do we really have to request i824 to go to different consulate other than what mentioned by Uscis ?

please I really appreciate the response.

Thanks, Vamshi

1) If I go to jamaica and VO ask why did you come to jamaica not India  , what should I answer?

2) I heard to change the consulate Informed from HYD to Jamaica we can request form I824 to uscis which will take 2 months atleast.

3) Do we really have to request i824 to go to different consulate other than what mentioned by Uscis ?

1. Truth.

2. I don't think so. If that's mandatory then go to your home country for visa.

1. We are not GOD to know the reasons why you decided to go to Jamaica. Answer truth.

3. No.

Thanks so much Jairichi Input.The reason I want to go Jamaica is that In HYD VO's are scrutinizing more lately.I might be wrong but somehow I have a feeling that Jamaica would be a safe game compared to HYD.what could be the convincing truth that they will not ask me to go home country.

Thanks

Thanks so much Jairichi Input.The reason I want to go Jamaica is that In HYD VO's are scrutinizing more lately.I might be wrong but somehow I have a feeling that Jamaica would be a safe game compared to HYD.what could be the convincing truth that they will not ask me to go home country.

Thanks

Actually every US consulate is the same as they have set procedures to follow during visa interview. But, you can choose to go anywhere you want.

Thanks

Every consulate is the same. "Consulate shopping" does not work.

Thanks

Their is nothing called 'convincing truth'. You need to tell the truth.

If you are scared that means something is wrong in your case,if not you won't be scared.

Their is nothing called 'convincing truth'. You need to tell the truth.

If you are scared that means something is wrong in your case,if not you won't be scared.

Thanks everyone who replied you guys(Jairichi,rahul,JoeF) are really helpful. The only unanswered question Is if I824 request Is mandatory to go to different consulate other than what mentioned by Uscis?

Appreciate your suggestions,Vamshi

Archived