Visitor Visa Extension


vkiran

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am planning to file an extension for my parents' stay in USA. My parents are currently in USA and have a valid stay till October 9th. I am planning to extend the stay till December (3 months) so that they can stay for my son's first birthday.

 

Please note that this is their second visit to USA. Last visit was in 2011. They stayed for 4 months and left the country well before the date given in the passport.

 

What is the best time to submit the extension? What are the chances for the approval? Can they staty till we get the result  if we do not get the result before Oct 9th? Is it going to effect their next arrival into USA?

 

Please advise.

Thanks.

Link to comment

 

What is the best time to submit the extension? What are the chances for the approval? Can they staty till we get the result  if we do not get the result before Oct 9th? Is it going to effect their next arrival into USA?

Their is no best time for this. It's always better to get the approval before the current I94 expiration.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I read the previouse posts and again, let me explain my case.....My mother came on April 4th, 2014 (her second visit) has been here till now.....We are planning to apply for an extension and her I94 expires on Oct 3rd, 2014....We are short of 45 days as mentioned in the website.....If the approval or denial takes 2 to 3 months, then she would cross the I94 expiry date of Oct 3rd, 2014......Is it safe to apply for an extension or rather not apply? I am unable to decide reading a lot of posts...Need some light on this....

 

 

thanks,
 

Link to comment

Hello,

I read the previouse posts and again, let me explain my case.....My mother came on April 4th, 2014 (her second visit) has been here till now.....We are planning to apply for an extension and her I94 expires on Oct 3rd, 2014....We are short of 45 days as mentioned in the website.....If the approval or denial takes 2 to 3 months, then she would cross the I94 expiry date of Oct 3rd, 2014......Is it safe to apply for an extension or rather not apply? I am unable to decide reading a lot of posts...Need some light on this....

 

 

thanks,

 

She can apply. It will be better for her to leave before a denial decision is made as it takes 2 to 3 months to get a decision from USCIS.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.