Leave of absence on h1b

Sriraj.madhavan

Hi,

My wife is 7 months pregnant and works for a company in New York. She would like to take unpaid leave of absence for 6 months and join back the firm after the delivery. Will it be okay to do so. She is 2 weeks shy of 12 months to be eligible for FMLA disability leave. Anything else we should know in this case to talk to the employer.

Hi,

My wife is 7 months pregnant and works for a company in New York. She would like to take unpaid leave of absence for 6 months and join back the firm after the delivery. Will it be okay to do so. She is 2 weeks shy of 12 months to be eligible for FMLA disability leave. Anything else we should know in this case to talk to the employer.

Ask her to utilize her paid vacation for those 2 weeks and later she can be covered under FMLA.

Hi,

H4. Later on file for COS to H1.

Archived